How You Can Get Involved
We encourage you to find "Your Place at the Table!"
Join other Baptists from Missouri who are:
- Giving online every month through recurring gifts both small and large.
- Supporting the Hunger Offering by becoming a hunger advocate, encouraging their churches to give regularly.
- Planning a mission trip to visit a hunger site in Missouri or around the world.
- Sending a check payable to “Churchnet” designated for "World Hunger Offering" to our Churchnet office at P. O. Box 508, Jefferson City, MO 65102.
- Promote the World Hunger Offering in your church.
- 5th Sunday World Hunger Emphasis Day - Collect a hunger offering on 5th Sundays throughout the year.
- Lord’s Supper – Take a hunger offering when observing the Lord’s Supper
- Use Hunger Banks – Distribute hunger banks to church members to place on their tables and pass on their blessings to someone in need. Plan an ingathering time during a worship service where members bring banks to the altar and a blessing is offered.
- Use hunger banks in Sunday School classes, Vacation Bible School youth groups, and missions organizations.
- Missions Committee – Distribute $10 or $20 dollar bills to participating children/young adults with instruction to “Sow, Stow, or Grow” this amount for hungry people. Encourage them to be entrepreneurs for World Hunger. Designate a worship service time allowing young people to speak about their experience and place money earned for the World Hunger Offering at the altar.
- Plan a 3-week Emphasis:
First Week - Kick off 3-week emphasis with a 5-minute hunger presentation in Sunday morning worship. Advertise hunger meal coming on third week. Distribute banks at sanctuary exits to be returned at hunger meal.
Second Week – Pastor preaches hunger sermons. Reminder of hunger meal on third week.
Third Week – Serve an inexpensive meal or Hunger Meal. Encourage gifts equal to the family’s meal purchase at a restaurant. Place collection baskets/offering envelopes on tables. Collect offerings from banks.
- Souper Bowl Sunday – Serve soup lunch on Super Bowl Sunday with collection baskets and hunger offering materials on tables.
Send checks payable to “Churchnet” designated for "World Hunger Offering" to the Churchnet office at P. O. Box 508, Jefferson City, MO 65102.
Let us know how you are promoting your World Hunger Offering at email@example.com.